Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Awakening The Sacred Masculine At The Turning Of The Ages

The trick to embodying the Sacred in your life is that there is no trick at all. You gotta want it like you need it and you have to need it like you need your next breath. To be sure, there are infinite other pursuits and objects of desire to reach for for in this plentiful Universe. It's all a matter of what matters most, what your priorities and values are in your life.

In many ways the Divine has less glam, bling and rock and roll swing than so much this world has to offer. The displays of phenomena so readily available here, so enticing and all too seducing are hard to resist and for every Soul coming through Earth School, impossible to do so. And that's the point. You have to pass through all the shopping isles with catchy window dressings to end up as I did. At the end of the road with no options left. 

It's here through the Blessing of Divine discontent that I finally turned inside to seek not only relief but my Sous'l satisfaction, once and for all. I believe this is so for us all. Eventually we all run out of road and have to turn towards Home to find our way to our Self. Of course I can't speak directly for anyone else and yet, eventually the river of temporal desire satisfaction runs dry and out of necessity, a Soul has to return to It's Source to be replenished, again, once and for all.

However, the trickiest enticements of all are the seemingly Spiirtual ones. They get us every time. When I first stepped out to give my intro evenings to a group of men in 1998, thinking I could just wing it with little actual in-the-field experience, I was sorely mistaken, big time. I felt hollow and shallow, like reading the correct words from a tele-promter, hoping my audience couldn't tell the difference between wanna be and actuality. 

No wonder no one signed up. Looking back, I wasn't so much disappointed as relieved. Whew! The internal pressure I'd built up trying to convince myself I was ready to step out with this material was considerable and I was secretly glad I was spared the spotlight in not doing so. However at the time, I chalked it up to 'them' the men I'd addressed, not being ready. My goodness is the ego, at least mine, one slippery devil ... 

It's like the saying - you have to grow into the shoes and when it comes to this work, there are no quick fixes or short cuts that can pull this off. Simply put, you have to be It to do It. And my God for me, this has this been a bitch of a cross to bare. Over the years since then, while deep in my shit, there have been countless times I fervently prayed to have my vows cancelled and declarations to the Divine rescinded. Talk about a yoke dragging me onward - it was like being harnessed to a cart I just couldn't unhook myself out of and wasn't able to let go of either.

It was here I was reminded Spirit has a ridiculously long memory. The pronouncements we make in Heartfelt prayer are indeed heard and well attended to - in fact, made sincerely enough, they become the very carrot and riding crop forcing us to actualize what we have called into our lives. Out of the sky sometimes our prayers drop but more often than not, the really good ones, we have to go up to get them. And dare I say sweethearts, this takes work, often considerable.

... to be continued ...  

  

.


No comments: