Monday, November 26, 2012

Only Love Will Be Served


As I speak and connect with other conscious appearing men who I notice out and about during my day, often choosing to open up conversation after just meeting them, I sooner than later draw their attention to Awakening The Sacred Masculine. It's kinda an attention grabber ... there are so many ways to interpret this statement, most of which, at best, are long shots in the dark.

For years now, we've been hearing about the Sacred Feminine and with good reason. For those of us guys who've been doing this work for a while, I would venture to say many of our teachers have been strong, awakening women - how else can we learn about our conscious feminine natures if not through conscious women and yet, who's setting the mold, clearing the paths if not blazing the trail for us men.

We are. As I face these men strangers, often handing out my card requesting they get back with me (only if they themselves don't have a card for me to call), they always give me that quick urban glance wondering if I'm hitting on them and what possibly is my motive for striking up conversation in the first place. Let's face it, our world is ripe with the booty call hunt and no straight or gay man living in the city doesn't have a highly trained and attuned radar system when the hit is on.

However, when I mention the Sacred Masculine's Code of Honor it stops 'em in their tracks. What the f**k is this all about I quickly read on their faces - is this a New Age type come on or what? No, it's the essence of what this all comes down to - to do what we say and say what we do - to live in integrity with respect and honor - to serve Love always.

I find it has such as Arthurian ring to it. And in many respects, quite accurately does reflect that particular Round Table Code or creed of ethics expounded by those fabled knights of legend and myth. Whether  historically accurate is irrelevant. The blade of consciousness that cuts to the Heart of the matter (from the perspective of those times specifically), was about anchoring in the living force of Love in the ways of service to those less fortunate, capable or able to defend themselves.

Although I notice a fair amount of women in stress, not so many damsel's in distress do I come across. Not with these on the cutting edge, tough NY ladies running around out here - damsels they are not and to their immeasurable credit, have learned not to rely on a man to take care of them. Coming up through the ranks 15 or so yrs ago (at least in Sedona), most of the front line way showers were these awakening Goddess types who were the significant teachers and mentors in my personal and Spiritual development. To be sure and thank you all, I wouldn't be here without you ...

As the years moved along, I began to wonder when us guys would take up the mantel and get into the consciousness groove of things, so often hearing from the women in my life - actually lamenting - when would the men finally stand up and show up for ourselves and of course, for them as well? And did I ever do what I could do to do just this ... but as they say, you can't push the river or yank the bloom out of the bud. Man, did I have more years of sharp learning curves yet ahead. And steep ones too.

The thing that's changed now is I've finally arrived at the destination where I fully know I have no other choice but to do this work. Yes indeed, as the Universe forces us to our destiny, It did me to mine. Like looking for the missing piece to the puzzle or the musical note that completes the melody, when I aligned with the notion that I had to find and then live by my Soul's purpose, things began to become more clear in my world. Grace filled too.

Now I had a purpose to not only awaken but to serve, support, celebrate and inspire life around me! This gave me something (reallyreally important) to focus on and attend to outside of my self that in turn, served the greater good of all. No, I wasn't flying off the Haiti on relief missions, however, I was now thinking of the larger picture and not just on endlessly meeting my own needs. What a relief - I was starting to heal myself from that dreaded malady that had claimed me and many of my brother's attention for so long - MEitus.

Us guys Love to quest and have a larger calling, leading us forth - again, for the greatest good of all. I know I know, aside from us all being selfish bastards, we really get our deepest fulfillment from serving the tribe. It a pride of self thing. When we finally drop the self-serving, leading with need mentality, our lives take on a much greater significance. This I why our always serving Love will help heal humanity and if there's any chance remain of us living on his planet for many years to come, it will be this necessary shift that does it.

..to be continued ...












No comments: