Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Vertical Power Current Works Both Ways


Just as the flow of Lifeforce flows from the higher realms down into us, again, as if sitting or standing under a rushing waterfall of living Light, so does it flow up from the Earth below. As above, so below

So many Spiritually adept people easily connect to the higher levels of their consciousness, like it's immediate or second nature (actually, it's our first) though are fairly ungrounded and disconnected from the Earth and their bodies upon her

I remember when I first went to Sedona in 1992, when the New Age was all the rage and I visited a place called The Center For The New Age (I later briefly worked there) and the channels (all women) in attendance were fairly to largely overweight. I mean, really big and it stuck me how odd that this was so. I hadn't connected the dots yet, not understanding the whole concept of balanced integration between Heaven and Earth, matter and Spirit - the dance of complimentary forces. You know the whole Yin-Yang thing.

After spending some time in the channeling vibe (yes, having once been a 'channel junkie') I saw how the information I heard from them was all the lofty, high flying, out into the cosmos stuff - Angels, Ascended Masters and Universal Light, etc. I wondered how the humanity of us was to make these connections if there was so little info about how to bring this current alive and present into our bodies and once there, what to do with it once It was.

As always the case in my development in this life, the next teaching of awareness or road I walked was the Red Road. I began going to native American sweats lodges, getting real deep into that culture's approach to the worlds of Spirit, both unseen and already inhabiting the living creatures on the Earth. Talk about getting grounded - sit in a lodge for a couple of hours, sweating the sin outta you with a bunch of people, going through the 4 rounds together - wow! 

Like many of us non-natives that went through and explored this particular tradition, it brought up many memories of a much simpler life and times, way before the European conquest effectively destroyed these native and indigenous cultures. It totally fit at the time although I felt uncomfortable with the idea of taking on this culture's way of looking at life and incorporating many of its principals, moved on to other areas of Spiritual study.

What I experienced in these lodges reawakened the inner knowingness of how essential it is to be present in my body, grounded and connected to the Earth's pulse and rhythms. This phase of my development enlightened me to the fact that I wasn't here on Earth just to leave my body, rather to bring Almighty Spirit into it as I went about my life here. 

Having been introduced to Eastern mysticism before my teens and the whole emphasis of transcending the ego, the body and its primal instincts being such a core teaching in many of those traditions, as I grew older, I began to see other sides of the puzzle. In time, the entire myth of leaving these Earthly realms to escape to higher planes of existence no longer appealed to me quite as much.

In retrospect, the people who brought through such amazing information of the Heavenly realities, way beyond the Earth's domain, turned out to be terribly uncomfortable in their bodies and extremely unhealthy as well. They were suffering in their Earth experience and although they could access the higher currents, they hadn't successfully brought these into harmonic balance with their Earth suits. From my experience, not a one had such a healthy relationship with their bodies and I came to understand, that's what they chose to go out of them in the first place.

I appreciated what I learned then, however, knew there was a very different approach that was more in keeping with my sensibilities and personal preferences. Personalty speaking, I've always Loved having a body, this body, my body. It has always served me well and been a huge gift to creating my sense of wellness, happiness and joy. Why would I deny it by not taking care of it and attending to its needs as best I possibly can? 

Unlike those obese and overweight channels, I have come to know my way is the way of embodiment, of calling into it the Presence of The Sacred Masculine and Feminine alike. My way is the way of Sacred Union.

... to be continued ...

No comments: