Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Keep It Simple Becasue it Is


I just awoke from a dream where I was out in the deep surf with these enormous waves crashing overhead. I mean really huge swells as high as 40-50 ft. As I was swimming out beyond the break line, they passed and crashed on top of me, rushing to shore. Of course I knew to wait until the very last moment before ducking under the wave, remembering to take a big breath before going under.

As I rested in the relative quiet, deep in the rough and tumble of the undertow, there was a sweet stillness that filled my awareness. It was like I could actually breathe while under water. If I took little bite size breaths, I could stay down as long as I wanted. As long as I stayed focused on my breathing, I could remain submerged with no fear whatsoever. As I opened my eyes to this new day today, I took the utter simplicity of this dream into this blog ...

With the various energetic, astrological, cosmic - who knows what all else - portals taking place these daze. I am reminded of the message of my dream - keep it simple, stay focused in my breath and let all the other stuff recede from my attention now. Personally, I have a strong affinity to astrology and have followed it for many years, loosely tracking the various movements and motions of the planets as they pertained to me along the way. In times of significant change, I've always found it helpful to get an overview sense of what pathways would best be followed through the uncharted waters and cross currents ahead.

Whatever the New Moon Solar Eclipse (in Scorpio) means, it portends big potential shifts for us all. Scorpio is the sign of death/rebirth/transformation/transmutation/initiation/sexuality as well as other juicy aspects long associated with this sign. However you view this archetypal force, change is big time afoot. Just having had Storm Sandy blow through the NY area and along with the well publicized 2012 Gateway looming on the horizon, I can only wonder, what the f..k is next coming down the pike.

For us highly empathic types these times, especially in congested urban ares like NYC, are chocked full of all kinds of deeply unprocessed energies. I recently had a conversation with a fellow energy healer who mentioned having been drawn to this city to 'anchor energy and hold space' and I was hit by the enormity of this kind of personal commitment. Often I have felt this playing out in my life and it has just as often humbled me to recognize my person will and satisfaction are just not running the show anymore.

In times of overwhelm, uncertainty and insecurity, as with last night's dream for me the way out and through, is to find my breath, rest in my Heartspace and keep it as simple as often as I can. I have repeatedly found throughout my life, the Sacred lives in the quiet space between my thoughts, between the pulsing waves of my emotions and within each moment I am quiet enough to stop and listen inside.

I gotta believe we are all being prepped to get this lesson now. For me, this is my resting place in the storm, my safe haven and final refuge in these most unpredictable times.

... to be continued ...

No comments: