Saturday, February 16, 2013

Is Too Good Too Good?



Ever have a situation work out so well that not only do you question it, you challenge it to the point it stops looking as good as it did? Or you thought it did. I’m having this happen in my life now. I’ve been in situations and times past where being so used to a specific way things unfolded, to have the scenario shift and upgrade significantly made me wonder, what’s wrong? That to break whatever patterns already set in place - all in a good way – sends warning signals to the part of my brain that’s just not real comfortable or open to change. Even in a good way.

Strange how this works. Our ego personalities are all built on inherited assumptions - known as belief systems, telling us what’s what in our lives. This is the way it is because this is the way it’s always been. Repetition, over and over again defines our world. Our total sense of self is made up of what we were either told to believe is so or if you’ve done a massive amount of self-inquiry work, what you now chose to believe for yourself.

Like living in The Matrix, the outer guise of our take on reality is simply a reflection of these assumptions, belief systems and unconscious agreements we individually and collectively have made for ourselves ididvidually, socially, culturally and globally as well. We live in a living, breathing holographic depiction of our own perceptions, largely gone unchecked, questioned or challenged. We go along in life following the herd, walking in the preceding footsteps of those before us, in time coming to a point where we catch ourselves wondering, was this my way I’ve come or another’s instead?

Whether this happens from a particular event that catches our sincere attention of we just get worn down over time, eventually we come to ask ourselves, who Am I, what Am I doing here and what have I just spent these last many years doing with my life? To a greater degree, do we ever ask not only the answers to these questions but wonder if the answers have helped us embody the fulfillment of the questions themselves? OK, maybe not everyone asks quite this way but when the doorway to death looms large ahead, pulling us through, we all wonder about what it all meant. Our lives, that is.
I ask myself this all the time. Especially when significant shifts take place in my life giving me a whole new look at what I previously thought was so. Like in relationship for instance ... here I Am in NYC, minding my own business, when out of the blue I met a woman who catches my eye and soon after, my Heart. She is Lovely, sexy, Spirited and Spiritual. She’s feisty and a bit zany with equal amounts of self-direction, insistence and tenderness inside. For me, it’s a perfect combination.

She’s also used to always getting her way but this is not so unusual. Just ask most guys in relationship. No worries. This I’ve found, is a total package deal. You have to take the whole shebang just as she is and not just accept her for her foibles but embrace them and her fully in your Heartspace - if want your dance to be exceptional. I’ve tried it most different ways and just let me say, it goes flat real fast if you don’t.
So when the moves with my Ms Mel began to float effortlessly along and the time we spent together kept lifting me past the previous defined air space of where I’ve been in past relationship, it all hit a red flag, trigger switch inside. Not quite ‘Danger Danger’ but definitely WARNING CAUTION AHEAD rang throughout the command bridge of my consciousness. Also, slow the fuck down was heard by all on deck. This just feels too good!

This feels too good to be true to the parts of me that haven’t felt this good before. Like hitting the lotto with a ticket I just found, this just doesn’t happen to me. Up until now, that is. To move along on your journey Home, you gotta leave behind where you’ve been. In so doing, moving into higher states of awareness, as in the Awakening process itself changes everything, what once wasn’t so pretty becomes gorgeous, radiant and Divine.  The eyes that now see my self and my world are looking out from a very different vantage point these days, though not exactly rose colored, they certainly look upon all I see from a more clear and conscious place. The view is really great from up here.

The patterns that once defined me and my world are changing to better reflect me being more connected, aligned and embraced by Grace. How could everything not change as a result? And yet, this is the old catch: To upgrade as I’ve prayed, intended and wished for for so long - does this actually mean letting go of believing that Love never works out for me, that I’m somehow flawed … and does this now require me learning to think of my self in different ways (better better) like I’m not so totally fucked up as I’ve always thought?

Yes, it really does.  The Awakened Sacred Masculine meets his life from the inner knowing that he indeed will be given all that serves his highest and greatest goodno matter what. In so believing, he takes a deep breath when confronted by opportunities that enlargen his world and sense of self. He looks to recognize the hand of the Divine inviting him to always step more fully into his power, his compassion and his open Heartspace. He runs towards Love instead of away.

From this place now, I know I don’t have to fuck this up with Mel just to prove my old shitty self-image beliefs correct. I can now reference myself from my Higher Self telling me my dreams are indeed coming true and all I have to do now is stay out of my own way - by not reminding myself of who I once was. Or thought I was or was told I was by others I should never have listened to anyway. It takes great courage to blaze a new path into having healthy relationships, first with your own self, then with your Hearts and Souls and finally with God/Goddess Itself.

For a man to consciously shift in these ways is nothing less than miraculous. This alone is the wonderment that shines my life to a Lovely glow. If I can do this, so can you.

… to be continued …


I work with people who are hitting up against their old belief system mind talk, always familiar and rarely rewarding when it comes to moving in new directions in your life. Your beliefs can be changed, upgraded and shifted to better support your more preferred life intentions. You can heal and you can prosper. I can help you do this.

For more information on my work, please view my web site at heartantra.com or contact me directly at heartantra@yahoo.com


PS If you felt moved, inspired, touched, supported, annoyed, or anything else after reading this post, please let me know. I really do appreciate your comments and feedback. It’s easy and only takes a minute.  Click on 'comments' or 'no comments' below.

Thank You.


No comments: