Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dancin' In The Park ~



Having spent yet another glorious evening this past Memorial weekend, dancing in Central Park, the power of joy, play and gratitude was as usual, so incredibly plain to see. Hangin’ out there with the local, ‘homie crew’ has been an amazing, life changing experience for me. Here my Sacred, living loud, dancing happy and being bodaciously alive, has shown me once again, the power of Heart conscious, celebration in action.

This NYC, summer dance phenomena has been going on each weekend - Easter to Halloween - weather permitting and special events allowing, for close to 40 yrs now. For those familiar with the world of Central Park, there’s an afternoon roller skating scene (east of the Sheep Meadow), that runs from 3:30 – 6:30. When this wraps, the party slides about 100 ft south to the street dance crew, partying hard from 6:30 to 9:30 or so. For those dance inclined, it’s an incredible scene.

Surreptitiously coming upon this spot when I first returned to NYC in 2012, become a profound turning point in my life. Seriously. For me, dancing connects me to my Sacred, if only because I always feel joy viscerally coming alive in my body whenever I do. This energy also has a way of radically expanding my sense of freedom. Big time. To do this under the stars and street lights in one of the most amazing city parks in the world, is truly a magnificent thing.

Dancing like this in public has invited me to get over my insecurity and fears of what others think about me. The feeling of joy igniting my body when I dance, has expanded into all other areas of my life as well. The Sacred emotion of joy is truly a Universally infectious current and a wondrous gift I give to myself and exude out into my world.

In that, all healing happens in and through an open Heart, dancing like this becomes a living force of love. It becomes prayer actualized and fulfilled. For me, physically empowering joy in this way is a very high form of co-creative magic. Empowering my Sacred in my body, however I possibly can, continues to alchemically transform the deepest levels of my old personality patterns, each step at a time.

These energetic patterns or structures are the ones that made me feel afraid of being judged (and punished) by others, just for being myself. However I created these belief-system constructs (as I believe on a Soul level, we all do to survive the reprimand of abusive authority), I’ve long since evolved past their usefulness. My protection became my karmic prison and holding back just isn’t good enough anymore.

In life I’ve found, whenever I’m actively in one of my Heartspace qualities - love, joy, gratitude, forgiveness, faith and trust - the denser aspects of my ego can’t help but release out of me. This happens whenever I dance. Every time. Of course, anyone who dances knows what this is about. The catch is – and it is 100% nonnegotiable - You do have to step on in. You have to participate, not speculate. It really is so simple: you just gotta move your ass to the music.

Without a doubt, of all the people who pass by, tourists and locals alike, those blessed to come upon this pulsing swell of humanity - filling to maybe a 100 to 300 strong when in full bloom, down to 10 to 20 on a slow night - 98% + stand back and only watch. Of that near total amount, maybe a few step in and go for their groove. Only a shimmering wink in the eyes of the Beloved jump right into the joy pool and get funky, don't you know.
 
 Observing from inside the living organism and seeing into the eyes of total strangers, watching the tug within - whom I firmly believe in their perfect worlds, would gladly join in and dance if they only allowed themselves. But alas and inevitably so, an inner voice always interrupts, preventing them from taking the plunge and getting all wet with the rest of us.

This instant I believe (neither right or wrong), largely defines all of us - How free am I in this very moment to choose different, in this case, watching a bunch of freaky fun people dance outdoors and just jump the fuck in? Maybe not a question asked on your next job interview but I bet in your afterlife, Soul life review, it’s gonna come up.

In this, it’s amazing to observe people’s subtle body’s movements, innerly wanting to move and groove, while watching their heads clamping down, telling them, can’t do it, don’t go! In whatever language they speak, I'm sure they’re all saying ‘what will others think of me!’ As if they could possibly know anyone else standing in the crowd, asking the very same thing... to be continued ...

Thank You & Love To Us All ~

PS I invite you to share these posts with anyone you feel would benefit and if you feel inspired, to write your feedback insights through the ‘Comment’ key on this blog. Also, please check out my work, Heart Tantra - The Attunement Session - on my web site heartantra.com. I offer in-person sessions here in the NYC area and absentee or long-distance work if you don't. Always Blessings On Your Way, Keith 
 

No comments: