Thursday, April 17, 2014

What Is ‘Sexual Healing’ Anyway?



Boy, does this question ring a few bells and set off our alarms! It’s such a loaded subject – anything dealing with our sexuality, that is. From as long as recorded history began, humans have been trying to figure out this powerful Lifeforce enigma. And of course, bringing organized religion into the mix has only added confusion, as well as severe punishment to all offenders – which I have to believe, in one lifetime or many, we’ve all been guilty as charged. Ah, the wages and ultimate price of committing this heavenly sin. Having years ago come through the Sedona School of Temple Arts (under the murky hand of Baba Dez), thankfully training with the wondrous David Cates, I’ve had my exposure and explorations into this specific, healing path. 
 
While living, working and assisting with a couple of the Temple’s Sexual Healer Conferences, I was exposed to their particular version of Sexual Healing, such as it was. Having moved to Sedona in 1996 to attend the School of Energy Mastery, my healership training was based on and rooted in very different principles than those espoused at Baba D’s place of worship. There were definitely those with his group who ran much cleaner consciousness, though to be honest, I hardly ever heard the Divine called in or mentioned in ceremony, however it played out. And this for me is a really big giveaway. Please know, in the Heart of it, I hold no judgment against Baba or anyone else – we all gotta figure out our own playing fields in life – who we play best with, what we value as we do and ultimately, how we live and play with our selves.

I strongly believe each and all paths chosen, eventually lead us Home. However, some are much more circuitous, if not downright convoluted - meandering through some pretty funky neighborhoods in our return route to becoming The Beloved, once again. Who’s to say what’s best for another when it comes to their growth? How can anyone really say what’s most appropriate for our Spiritual advancement anyway? It is an individual decision, each step of the way, one we alone are beholden to and responsible for.

Speaking of learning paths, isn’t Coyote medicine an essential and valuable learning curve to master in our personal development? Isn’t ‘the trickster’ a necessary piece to get along the way? Getting fooled too much will teach you how not to any longer. How can you learn what your limits are unless you go past them, usually over and over again? I know this had been an all too constant Life School course I’d signed up for … and in this respect, I often wonder how any of us made it safely through our lives, to get this far? For me, it’s been proof positive that I absolutely do have Guardian Angels looking over me. Goodness knows, I wouldn’t have made it through the gauntlet of my karmic backlash, if I hadn’t. I’ve needed the seen and unseen Spiritual troup support watching my back, each and every frickin’ day.

Ever since I began meditating and had a Soul merge at 13, my Spiritual knowingness told me the Sacred is not only Home Itself, it’s the way to get there. I’ve found in this, the Sacred, there are certain qualities inherent or inbred into this eternal reality. Love is a big one. So is respect, honor, compassion and integrity – all essential attributes of the Awakened Sacred Masculine consciousness – as of course, is so with the Sacred Feminine as well. Included is gratitude, forgiveness, trust and joy. In the essence of It, we’re really all the same, just wearing different Earth suits this go-round with different themes playing out, through and for each of us.

The whole notion of doing ‘healing work’ is predicated on the fundamental truth that the one holding healing space for another has already learned the material, healed first-hand in their own lives. How can you help walk another through their jungle forest unless you’ve already made it safely through your own? Hello? I means seriously! This a blindingly so when it comes to Shadow energy. You better have met, embraced and Blessed yours face-to-face before you ask me to take a first peek at mine. Back in my Sedona days, I saw so much misuse of will in this respect and don’t you know, it triggered a place in me that remembered when in past lives, I too ran this energy over others, big time. Ouch! 
 
But hey, that’s how we learn in Earth School – often the hard way or rather, by doing things we never want to do again. While in NYC, my encounters with the sexual healers here have largely left me unimpressed if not, abjectly turned off. I have not been moved or ignited or touched by anyone’s clear, aligned or awakened consciousness. Trust me on this, I have absolutely no interest in helping another learn this craft while playing as their practice, guinea pig – where they learn to master their slippery sexual energies at my expense. No thank you! This may sound too hard line or judgmental but there you have it. In this way especially and all other ways too, discernment counts.

To draw a parallel with Tantra for instance, it’s said Tantra is the fastest path to God realization – and the most dangerous. How can you not get enamored, seduced and bamboozled with the Mojo Juice? It just feels too good to unhand the faucet and let go of the power flowing through it. This is where the Sacred comes in. The real power is in getting out of the way, don’t you know. The ability to successfully do this kind of healing work is in being able to become transparent, consciously coming into a deeply empowered humility, where the I Am is doing all the work, through me, not from me. And for me anyway, this has taken a great deal of training and Heartbreak to learn, I must say.

Why is this? It’s because only by having had my Heart broken, have I really learned how to love. Only having lost love have I begun to realize how precious it really is. This Life School truth is especially true working with sexual Lifeforce energy – only having had it run away with me have I learned to treat it with extreme respect. In this, it’s like driving a really powerful car. One little slip ends you wrecked in a ditch. From my experience, the most competent and proficient practitioners (in any modality) were the ones who never made it about themselves, ever. Not one little bit. Their gift was they could connect with Divine grace and then get out of the way. In this, they'd done their Spiritual, self-healing work way before we'd met. They were simply the clear flow lines through which the Sacred current streamed into my session.

Sexual healing demands the highest level of personal integrity, plain and simple. As a massage therapist just starting out in the 1980’s, there was a much looser standard than there is now. The massage room was more a more permissive and allowing domain. Over the years of my Spa career, I knew a number of guys who lost their professional license for having taken a one inch detour into Sacred territory, towards Yoniville. To have a strange, beautiful women lay naked under a scant towel is a lot to handle if you’re still running seducer energy or don’t know your place or priorities. It’s easy to get hot and bothered and make a mistake, especially if you don’t have your heads on straight.

I’ve been asked so many times why I call my work Heart Tantra, why I choose to associate with a term that’s become so ripe with mixed message connotations, if not a bit sleazy, sexually. How can ‘the Heart’ ride side-by-side with an exotic/erotic term that means wild way out sex with anyone you like or happen to be naked with? (Remember God has a beguiling sense of humor.) Seems so contradictory! And so it really is – complimentary, actually. Sexual Lifeforce has been so maligned having passed through humanity's fear-based belief systems.

Sex just got a really bad rap, that’s all. Anything that powerful has to have lots of God in it, not to mention feels so deliciously good. That simple reality has always threatened just about anyone who wants to control who, what, where and why God can be worshiped. I mean, if everyone knew they their Sacred in the juice of their loins and were consciously able to connect into their Soul Stream, grounded into the Earth, who knows how much fun humanity could have …

Thank You & 
Love To Us All ~
 
PS I invite you to share these posts with anyone you feel would benefit and if you feel inspired, to write your feedback insights through the ‘Comment’ key on this blog. Also, please check out my work, Heart Tantra - The Attunement Session - on my web site heartantra.com. I offer in-person sessions here in the NYC area and absentee or long-distance work if you don't. Always Blessings On Your Way!







No comments: