Monday, April 21, 2014

Hit The Ball Back Over The Net, Boys II


(Brief Recap)
Case in point: a fellow attending my Awakening The Sacred Masculine in NYC meetup group came to the first meeting with a sincere willingness to share his rather Heartbreaking relationship history. Really moving. He attested to the fact that his inability to communicate receptively with his wives very likely resulted in severe and tragic outcomes, deeply affecting all their lives. He spoke of being aware that had he known how to communicate more consciously, the situations most likely would have been very different. I was touched by his desire to be seen and commended him on this, saying I found it surprising and refreshing to hear a man speak and own this so candidly. Truthfully, I was really encouraged to witness a brother reveal himself so quickly upon first meeting. From my experience, this is extremely rare and told him so with admiration and respect in my eyes.

It was only after calling and emailing him a couple of times over the following days, without his getting back with me that this began to shift a bit. Oddly enough, I ran into him the next week at another man’s meetup (on Masculine Archetypes) and asked to speak with him afterwards on our way out. We briefly sat together as I shared that his not even bothering to acknowledge or respond to my calls and letters sure seemed like the exact behavior I’d heard him speak so openly to when we first met. Regardless that I was writing to send my meetup notes to him, as he’d requested, wasn’t even the point. The ball I volleyed over the net to aid and assist him he either didn’t reach to get or simply didn’t choose to return in kind. Regrettably and consistently, how typical …

When I saw him again at our next ASM meetup, I mentioned this again and as he’d readily acknowledged when we’d run into each other previously, he said he’d heard me and got the point. Great. A man who listens and course-corrects, accordingly. Wow. Only after sending off this last meetup’s group notes and yet again, not hearing back, did I feel that same ol’ familiar twinge inside.

 Aside from the fact that I’d offered to work with him in session, knowing that when it comes down to it, words can only take you so far before they turn back on themselves. They become lifeless, not really revealing anything new, only retelling the same information all over again. I said the only way to shift the outer experiences in his life was to shift and transform his inner world first. You can’t bring in fresh Lifeforce energy until the old, stale and wounded backlog debris is released out of the system.

To rewire and upgrade the dynamics of his energy bodies requires session time, helping to do this release work (in his case, purging the old memory banks locked in his emotional body, his mental conditioning and belief systems as well as his physical body’s DNA) to in turn, allow new information to flood back into his circuitry, once again. I gave him my web site and blog addresses as well as the contact info of a woman I’ve worked ongoingly with over this past year (who also happened to attend these meetups), all to encourage him to take the next positive, proactive step towards his expressed goals. To evolve, grow and consciously awaken as a man.

Nope, not again. Nary a word did I hear back, one way or another. Now, this is a man who’s very successful in 3D terms, owns his own business in town, dresses really well, etc. So returning calls isn’t new information for him or ground breaking strategy. It’s really common practice out here in the world, at least among responsible and consenting adults. And this is the operative word isn’t it? ‘Consulting’ adults. When it comes to relating consciously, you have to want to for it to work, even a little bit. Hey, it really does take two.

It dawned on me, only after sitting with my disappointment (ah, the first born of hopeful expectations), that I was bumping up against his Shadow, the place of blocked unresponsiveness he couldn’t so easily see in himself. Mind you, this is a really nice guy, decent and sincerely well-intended. I immediately liked him upon our first meeting. I could sense his integrity and quite honestly, felt shortchanged and gypped by his inability to consciously connect back with me. (The twinge I felt in part, were the reverberations of recognizing the places in me that had been unable to respond in similar situations - when someone reached out to me and I left them hanging.) As a man, I know all too well the feeling of being emotionally stuck and cut off from those around me and quite unable to reach out through my veneer bubble to make contact. Or let anyone in.

I intended to call him a few days after our last group meeting but thought better of it. I mean, if you have to remind someone more than a couple of times to follow through in what seems like a fairly obvious way, they’re either too far out of touch or don’t want to be touched at all. No worries. My primary intention is to make myself available, master healership skills and all. What he does with this invitation is his business and as they say, you can lead a horse to water … In this respect, we’re all free agents, to do as we will. So be it.

When he opted not to attend this last Thursday night’s meetup, notifying me via the meetup.com site and not contacting me directly, I knew he simply wasn’t able to communicate in any way different than what he’s been used to. Honestly, I wasn’t especially surprised, if only because I know this pattern so well in myself. And yet, it kinda felt like listening to that silent hand clapping or speaking to that manikin, all over again. Another guy who’s locked up, stiff. I felt a bit foolish waiting for that ball to come sailing back to me. What can I say, we are here co-create heaven on Earth with each relationship we possibly can. Looking closer, my desire to download what I’ve learned on this very challenging path motivated me to reach out to this man in all the ways I have. And told him so. As far as men go, unless you can say what you do and do what you say, you’re just pretending to get it right.  

 And yet, this fellow hasn’t been the lone example of this kind of communication-breakdown I’ve experienced. Although I’ve heard others share similar stories of men’s inability to follow through, instead creating these non-exchanges, I’m left wondering: What in me keeps reflecting this unfulfilling pattern and what places persist in co-creating this to keep playing out in my life? Where do I still do this with others? I really don’t place myself on a pedestal, leaving me to think I couldn’t possibly be missing an obvious clue, lurking in my blind side. With all this Awakening stuff, it’s always a trap to feel more evolved than the next guy. This is an old ego foible of unresolved self-judgment turned outwards on a more likely candidate. As I’ve pointed, blaming others, it’s only prevented me from seeing my own shit.

This broken feed-back loop, communication-wise has become a challenging place to rest comfortably in. In fact, I don’t seem to be doing very well with this. I can get to feeling too alone here, very much wanting to play with others in consciously, co-creative ways. I want the future to be here, now – when more and more men will speak from our open Hearts without feeling anxious, afraid or ashamed. I long for the day we can all generously listen and sincerely be heard. I welcome the possibility that each of us will be able to remain present in this moment, again in our open Heartspaces. I thirst to witness us all simply allowing the free flowing current of our Awakened Sacred Masculine awareness supporting us and all we hold dear. It’s just my impatient insistence that asks, when?!

Thank You &
Love To Us All ~

PS I invite you to share these posts with anyone you feel would benefit and if you feel inspired, to write your feedback insights through the ‘Comment’ key on this blog. Also, please check out my work, Heart Tantra - The Attunement Session - on my web site heartantra.com. I offer in-person sessions here in the NYC area and absentee or long-distance work if you don't.
Always Blessings On Your Way!

No comments: