Thursday, April 3, 2014

To Honor The Divine In Us ~


Today marks the 2nd meetup group I’m organizing and presenting here in NYC … and as I prepare for this evening’s group, I’m going through my own internal alignment process to get clear with what this Awakening The Sacred Masculine business is actually about.
 
In passing, I happened to attend another fellow’s meetup group on Masculine Archetypes the other day. My intention wasn’t to get new or more information on this subject, rather simply to support him in his own process of stepping out with his work. Having already had a full-on, busy day with clients before his evening program and although I’d RSVP’d saying I would attend, I thought of cancelling or just not showing up. And yet for me, I realize awakening my Sacred Masculine is about showing up as best I possibly can, for the greater good of all concerned. It’s simply being in integrity in my thoughts, feelings and actions.

This is not a statement of noteworthy humility, selflessly abdicating my own self-interests by choosing to overlook my immediate needs. However, it is about serving this awakening process however, whenever, wherever and with whomever I possibly can. As a man on this quest, I‘ve come to realize it’s always about saying what I do and doing what I say. It’s come down to just this: honoring my word and honoring my agreements, in this case, by showing up as I said I would.
 
As I’ve often observed in life, so many people appear to be lacking in these core essential qualities and for men in general, this is all too painfully obvious. The chaos, danger and uncertainty in the world today is an immediate expression of this overall lack of respect, honor and integrity, This shows up in how we treat each other and our planet as well. I know this may sound overly judgmental and perhaps it is, though for me, my desire to awaken my Sacred Masculine is a direct reflection of having so lacked these qualities in myself.
 
As I feel into what this awakening process is all about and having recently sat with other men discussing this, I’ve asked my internal guidance how to proceed. Knowing I’ve long acquiesced to what I thought others wanted from me – all in hopes of being more approved of, validated and loved by them – I’m coming to understand as well as embody what the essential message of Awakening The Sacred Masculine actually is.

I’m wondering how my version of this message will go over tonight, knowing this NYC market, to say the very least, is an extremely discerning one. Quite frankly and judgment aside, I see scant evidence readily on display that people give a poop about going deep to mine the jewels of their life’s purpose, let along Awakening their Sacred anything.

And yet, as anyone with a creatively expressive Soul will tell you, unless you speaking passionately from your Heart, owning your truth and above all, doing your best to express it honestly and sincerely, you’re just (as we guys are wont to say) pissing into the wind. In fact, you’re not even pissing at all. You’re just jacking off dry without a happy ending to make it all worthwhile and I ask you, where’s the joy in that?

With my pedigree training in life, having been mentored, groomed and guided by some of the very best, I have a personal obligation to stand naked in what I know to be so. And to speak it, passionately, with each breath. What comes through is this: it’s about honoring my honor and living from my Heart, aligned, centered and present, each and every day. As love is an action word, short for loving, it’s about doing my very best to connect to others in this way as well. For me, living from here in NYC becomes or rather reflects, my Soul mission in life. This being, to be a living force of love. In this respect, it’s about embodying my Sacred in my daily life, as best I possibly can.

Plain and simple, it’s just about being in my integrity and living my conscious connection to my Sacred in all my exchanges throughout my day. For me, this isn’t a showy, ostentation display of how good, pure or holy I am - ha, as if! Intending to live this way in no way makes me more special, valued or worthy than anyone else. It just makes me more purposefully aligned as a man on my own path to awaken my Sacred
 
I haven’t a clue who or how many will show up tonight and to be honest, I’m not too concerned. My only goal is to be prepared, present and available, no matter what. Everything else is out of my hands. In this respect, my personal take on awakening the Sacred anything is simply Being What I Is - supporting, serving, celebrating and inspiring others as best I can - and having as much fun as possible ... I’ll let you know.

Thank You & Love To Us All ~

PS I invite you to share these posts with anyone you feel would benefit and if you feel inspired, to write your feedback insights through the ‘Comment’ key on this blog. Also, please check out my work, Heart Tantra - The Attunement Session - on my web site heartantra.com. I offer in-person sessions here in the NYC area and absentee or long-distance work if you don't. Always Blessings On Your Way!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right on! This is food for souls! Come on hungry souls, this is your chance!