Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Can You Pivot On Command?

With your back up against the wall or pushed all the way to the edge, where do you go? Wherever you have to, that's where. In order to come out the other side of an uncomfortable situation, what strategies do you depend on to help bring resolution, peace and ease to yourself once again? You only have two choices here - to change your location or change your attitude - often having to do both to keep sane. However you choose to play this, you'll have to do either a physical and or an internal shift to make things better. You Just Gotta Pivot.

If for no other reason than to make my life more enjoyable to live in, I've had to find ways to minimize the stress and struggle so I can do just this. In short:  I choose to be in Joy. Why else keep meditating, praying, looking at my shit, resolving/forgiving/transforming/healing said shit, consciously connecting to my Higher Self throughout the day and all the other practices that align me with my Soul's awareness, endlessly over and over again. I mean, what's the point anyway? Simple. To be more happy, content, fulfilled and yes, to enjoy it all no matter what - however whenever wherever for as long as ever I possibly can. In this respect, I Am a joy junkie.

As with all who walk this path of Awakening, I've come to employ basic self maintenance and Self awareness tools to help keep me flowing smoothly in the center of the stream and not get stuck or snagged up on the shore line. I Love practical approaches to do this that I call the Logistics of Consciousness. Unless I actually choose to consciously shift or pivot on command, life sure can become way too challenging. And not much fun either. Not that I have to say - but it's so easy getting pulled into situations, emotions and other people's vibes that just don't serve us being at peace.

By no means has this decreased since moving to NYC 6 Mos ago. Ha, you think!? Actually, the stakes have risen exponentially, don't you know ... in coming here, I chose to jump onto a fast moving train, grabbing a golden opportunity to bring myself and my work to The Big Town. I had no guaranties, assurances or money in the bag. I just took a leap. Like all of us consciously awakening in the midst of The Turning Of The Ages, it takes courage, a bit of insanity and a whole lot of tenacity to keep pulling this journey off. It also takes nearly constant pivoting as well.

Back 2007 while living on Ibiza, I was told in a reading that for the following 7 yrs I would be without a home of my own. Not exactly homeless rather on a perpetual couch tour. I've come to think of it as the Sadhu Shuffle ... not without it's benefits to be sure, although one of the constants during this time is I have no home base or personal sanctuary to rest up in and call my own. In order to flow, I have to do a whole lot of shiftin' to keep my head and life afloat. As with my current living situations(s) here in NYC.

Now please let me add, I am Blessed beyond words can say. As always, the right person has shown up in my life at just the right time to further my quest to Awaken. However mind you, not always on my own terms. What a concept, 'my own terms.' Over the years this has come to mean - whatever allows me to surf through all given situations with a semblance of grace, peace and ease. Of course style counts too, although this is more the finesse side of the dance. No, it's not about looking good, however it is always about feeling as good as possible, no matter what.

I've been couch surfing at my dear friend Lydia's place since mid-October. In her small - did I say small studio apartment she's lived in cozy like for the past 30 yrs. However the cosmic mix has synchronicly brought us together, It has - for my benefit and her's as well. This I sincerely believe. And this doesn't take into account my newly blooming relationship with my SweetHeart, Ms Mel and the nights I spend with her in her space. To be sure, I've found it takes a great amount of egoic transparency to walk this path. It ain't for the faint of Heart or weak of will.

In the long overview here, who can say what any of this stuff means? I've come to know 'why' is not really relevant as much as how can the situation I find myself in serve my intention to Awaken? Thus, The Pivot comes into play.

Simply put: If a situation doesn't look or feel good, I pivot my perception so that it does. Simple. Though not always so easy to do. In truth, it takes a bit of mental manipulation to do this and yet, unless I take command of my consciousness, my mind commands me. And this hasn't worked out too well, let me tell you. For years, I felt like I was super glued to the whipping end of the dragon's tail, always flying from one end of the room to the other, often hitting the wall hard before another return trip to the other side. Ouch.

Even though I'd had what's called a Soul Merge or Spiritual awakening at 13, it's taken years upon years to get back to where I'm actually consciously in touch with what was revealed to me then. It's taken decades of snorkeling through my shit to acquire the smarts to live outside of my mind. Until I learned to reference my self from other than what I thought, felt and believed about Keith, I was blindly lost in a windstorm, clueless without a map or compass. Until I took charge of what and how I thought of my self and my world, I just bumbled and bounced along like a ping pong ball endlessly ricocheting in a phone booth.

Until I learned to consciously shift my attention from what didn't feel good to what does, I was at the effect of outer circumstances. And who likes to be on the optionless side of the equation? Not moi. The Awakened Sacred Masculine pivots to always end up with the wind at our backs and the Sun shining over our shoulders. He shifts so that any given situation ends up to his advantage. Hey, you're gonna think and feel whatever you do anyway, so why not have a final say in what this is? After all, isn't your own dance about personal self mastery and profound Self empowerment - again if not, what's the point?

... to be continued ..

PS please hit the 'comment' or 'no comment' tag to respond to this blog. Thank You.





No comments: