Saturday, June 7, 2014

Letter To A Tantra Guy ~



A couple of days ago I wrote a letter to a Tantra guy I’d recently been contacted by, though have yet to meet. He was coming over from Europe and had written me in advance a number of weeks ago, in hopes of connecting while here in NYC. Apparently, he’s planning a few programs in the NY area and was either seeking support or more contacts to draw to his programs.

Hey, I’m all for networking and building larger exposure. We often need each other to expand our own circles of influence out in the world.  In doing this, we create a greater degree of connection, which is especially important when coming to new geographical areas as he is, here in NY. This I believe, is an important way to support my tribe, in this case a brother, in reaching his personal and professional goals.

However, truth be told, I’m a bit of a stickler when it comes to ‘men’s work’ - whatever the form. Being one myself, I have lifetimes of experience on how to do this consciously as well as many past memories of doing this in far less Heartful and aware ways. Like many of us, I’ve played on both sides of the fence.

As a result, I’ve become extremely confident in my intuitive abilities in sensing when masculine energy is aligned (from my perspective) with higher Spiritual values or when it serves more egoic agendas and personal desires. This isn’t good or bad, right or wrong, just a clean read of what is. Maybe I’m too jaded, though only a fool doesn’t listen to their gut and act accordingly.

I also know I too have my personality slant and do my very best to be aware of when I step into and from my own shit. I’ve learned, having an intention and commitment to seek the Sacred in all I do, doesn’t mean I don’t have blind spots I occasionally miss. Even the most Spiritually advanced miss their own shortcomings sometimes. It’s just a part of being in a human body, a Spirit in an Earth suit.

Today I’m sharing an email letter I wrote (actually a Facebook message), in response to recently receiving this fellows invite to his weekend program here. Interestingly enough, I’d already heard, second-hand (and invited by a mutual friend, a man he too had recently contacted) about this upcoming event.

I thought to offer this missive (with a few grammatical corrections) as an example of what I recognize as an old paradigm style of communicating - and very likely a misunderstanding, waiting to be resolved. In this, I don’t give a hoot about ‘being right’ and making this man wrong. Really, I couldn’t care less. I care about showing up as I’ve developed and been trained to do. We’re all doing our do in life, however we choose and deem fit. Here goes:

Thanks for the invite H., although I first heard of this event and was previously invited by our mutual friend, AG. And yet, to be straight-up, honest with you - one of the primary qualities I look for in 'awakening men' is how well they follow through in their lives. In short: how true is their word? In this case, yours.

Do these men say what they do and do what they say? Admittedly, I was looking forward to connecting with you after you reached out and made contact a few weeks ago. Not having heard back from you while you were in NYC was an indication (especially after having recently written to you here on your FB message) that your style leaves me a bit cold.

Trust me, the whole western Tantra scene, where many men see themselves as Tantric Gigolo Dick Gods is so tired and old, I have absolutely no interest in feeding this antiquated paradigm. For me THE SACRED IS WHERE IT'S AT. In this, my brother, it's all about embodying honor, respect and integrity, though perhaps this wasn't highlighted in your previous trainings.

If you want to extend yourself into new territory, you may want to take a look at this. Just a thought. Have great success, as I sincerely do look forward to meeting you.

As always H, I only wish you
Blessings On Your Way,

Keith Gregory

Much to my great appreciation, surprise (and admiration), this man (much to his credit), responded soon after I send off my email. He said he’d heard me and owned his lapse, saying how busy he’d been putting together his programs here. He wrote saying he too had known a few Tantric Gigolo Dick Gods and was amused to read of my referencing them.

I heard his sincerity and yes, you bet, his Heart and integrity in response to my letter. Good man! My reply to him was this:

Thank you H for writing and expressing yourself so honestly and sincerely. Really good for you!

Know I honor and appreciate you in this. The truth is, we really are in this together, whether we ever meet or work together or not. As men who are stepping forward at this time, we have a responsibility to do this in very different ways than our predecessors – indeed with honor, respect and integrity leading the way.

Again, I only wish you the very best of success in all you do and I avail myself to support you in any way I can. Seriously. My work Heart Tantra, though not sexuality/sensuality based, certainly focuses on Awakening The Sacred Masculine, specifically through our Heartspace connection to our Sacred. I invite you (when you have a moment) to tap into my posts on awakenthesacred.blogspot.com
Thank you.

You take care good man and always,
Namaste Your Way,

Keith

No comments: