Friday, June 13, 2014

Belly Wisdom wiser ~



The great thing about learning to tap into your body’s Belly Wisdom - it will never lie to you. It will always alert you to what’s the right thing to do, in any given moment. It’s your internal honing device, your personal tuning fork. You will know, because you will feel it inside, every time - in your body, loud and clear. That’s the good news. 

The challenging bit, is first learning how feel in the first place. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? You’ll have to get this one in order to connect to this most fundamental part of yourself - only then will you actually hear what your body is telling you.

Oh yeah, then you’ll have to be willing to act on it, no matter what. From the male head perspective, this can be tricky business. To trust … what? That’s right, your body 100%. As you direct your attention into the subtle, sensory systems of your physical Being, the many that comprise your total innate intelligence package, the picture at hand becomes so much clearer.

There’s no guess work to it – unlike trying the ‘figure something out’ – all you have to do is feel what you feel. But feel what, exactly? (Again, the male head.) At this point, there’s a little education involved, some cloudy areas needed to fill in the blanks. I know us guys can be really remedial, if not often times obtuse, but hey, as with the flip side of the relationship coin regarding the more awareness-oriented of our species, women, it’s always a package deal, isn’t it?

I’d like to share an example of personally missing the breathtakingly obvious - of being so totally unaware, I ended up mailing lots of $$$ away to an unknown outfit I, no strike that, my body knew was a huge frikkin’ mistake! One I just didn’t listen to, partially because I didn’t know how. The other reason is because I was really stupid. Really. Backstory: years ago, a friend had shown me a slick brochure to this ‘too good to be true’ once in a lifetime opportunity - a community building business where everyone would get suddenly rich …

That alone should have gotten my attention. You know the one – ‘if it sounds too good to be true …” However, the fact I initially missed the feeling inside when I first saw this man’s picture and kid you not, saw a jackal’ face, would’ve been a really opportune time to pay attention. Having found in life, the mistakes I made in bad choices, making the next ones after, usually kept costing me more. The consequences always seem to rise as well. All because of my inability to be present enough in my body. And just feel what I felt.

So between my bank in town (Asheville, 1993), and withdrawing $40,000 I was sending to this can’t miss wonder and the post office, maybe 2 blocks away, increasing in pain was my stomach as I went - so much so, that after arriving, I was too doubled-up to reach the counter. And yet, a credit to my masculine, steadfast determination, I sent if off, regardless. Thank you I really wish I hadn’t.

Talk about not hearing what my body and Belly Wisdom were !!!screaming inside of me!!! Truly amazing. Like I said, pretty stupid. To the tune of, after a big injunction, filing suit and all that mess, retrieving all of $14,000 back. Ouch. Yes, the consequences indeed do get greater. I told myself afterwards, I’d paid plenty enough to get this lesson, once and for all.

And yet, wouldn’t you know (as it always does), life gave me plenty of opportunities to see if I actually had. The price paid to awaken is directly proportionate to how thick as a brick you are and a reflection of how much goop is clogging your emotional flow-lines, energetically speaking. The more errant self-beliefs, physical and emotional wounding’s and karmic imprints to clear, the more work necessary to do so. Or at least in my experience, this has been true. And I’ve had a lot.

Since women have not only been culturally wired to be more emotionally-based but have their moon menses ever bloody month (which absolutely made no sense to me when I first heard this as a young lad) they’re all about feeling. Us guys as a rule, are more action-oriented, never to date getting this particular program readily installed in our collective hard drives.

No excuses ladies but we haven’t had much of a clue how to do what you so easily can. We’ve had our hands full trying to be what we are – and this has clearly been hit and miss. The right-on observation that most men don’t feel is because we too have been culturally trained not to.

The truth is, to do all we’ve done out in the world and all we had to do, conquering it and all – and I don’t mean just killing the shit out of anyone who’s stood in our way – living on this planet has been incredibly difficult to survive on. Like fatally so. Unless you daily gather and/or kill your food, you don’t live, plain and simple. Out there, it’s the bottom line of the land, the law of this 3rd dimensional world.

I know I know, life would be so much better if those doing all the conquering (mostly men) were coming from another part of our intelligence system not fear and aggression-based. If men had been trained to consciously attend to our feelings and not just our physical strength and force of will, we’d all be living in a very different world, that’s for sure ...
But that’s subject fodder for the next blog …

Thank You & Love To Us All ~

PS I invite you to share these posts with anyone you feel would benefit and if you feel inspired, to write your feedback insights through the ‘Comment’ key on this blog. Also, please check out my work, Heart Tantra - The Attunement Session - on my web site heartantra.com. I offer in-person sessions here in the NYC area and absentee or long-distance work if you don't. Always Blessings On Your Way, Keith 





1 comment:

Dena said...

I just came from the ER ... been having severe pain in my reproductive organs for a few nights now ... following my epiphany that I am to follow my path of being a Sexual Liberation Doula (yeah, I'm inventing it) ... to help others in exploring their sexual identities, and deshaming them ... assisting in that birthing process, hence the Doula.

My body's wisdom is telling me that there's a part of me that feels like a "bad mother" (for divorcing and no longer full-time-mothering my own 8 children) ... and thus, who am I to follow my Soul's path, to help others -- especially when my own children have been so hurt.

My body is manifesting the crippling, punishing self-indictment ... and it has to be heard, and let go, so that I can follow this path.

While entrusting my children to follow theirs.

Thank you for this ... which I somehow stumbled upon.