Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Constitutionals

(No, not a Republican Do Wop group ...)
Whenever I feel out of sorts, whether physically, emotionally, mentally or Spiritually, all I need do is reconnect with my basic self-care practices – which I call my Constitutionals and all begins to come back into focus and relative comfort. Over the years, I’ve come to rely on how essential these simple core awareness, energy maintenance practices actually are in keeping me sane and flowing along as smoothly as possible.
 
On every and all levels, actually. To recognize we all have four pillars that hold up and support our personal reality or said another way, four rooms in which we live. As briefly touched upon in the first line of this post; our physical, emotional, mental and Spiritual aspects are the individual elements of our Being that make up and comprise our overall energetic structures as Spiritual consciousness in human form.

I’ve learned that each of these separate components of me has to have daily attention for the rest of me/us/Keith to feel healthy, harmonious and alive. No one of these parts stays lock away in seclusion, prevented to see the light of day of my awareness. However your personal tendencies go, each of us Souls in body, are unique Beings displaying different qualities, attributes and abilities. Aside from which of these four you’re more aligned and attuned to, in order to function as enjoyably as possible as a human, you’re going to have to consciously interact with each of these parts of your self, each and every day.

You don’t necessarily have to soak your garden, drenched to the roots on a daily basis, though keeping the soil moist sure is a good idea if you want to keep flourishing in your life. With what all whatever taking place on this planet these days – take your pick across the board: environmentally, economically, socially, politically, astrologically – you name it, a whole lot surely is. This is The Turning Of The Ages, after all.

In this Full Moon in Scorpio Lunar Eclipse gateway underway - in Scorpio~Taurus - along with among other major astro-aspects, a Summer long Pluto Retrograde ride – till September 20th, the deeper foundations of our lives will be brought to bear. And that’s a fact, Jack.

We really can’t escape it, can we? Wherever we go, the global shift is upon us and I’d bet, in ways we really can’t possibly even imagine. Out of necessity, we’ve become used to or at least uncomfortably familiar with the world’s chaos exploding all around us. Like hearing loud, run on music, after a while your hearing gets numbed or you phase it out as your selective awareness kicks in, blocking out the disturbing noise.

Perhaps a brilliant expression of our innate, subconscious survival skills coming on line, our ability to do this prevents us from energetically overloading and short circuiting our many systems. Personally, I can only take in so much before getting backed up, congested, unbalanced and ill. It’s inevitable. Underneath the wrappings, we're all beyond amazing expressions of The Divine – who also have finite limitations in place that must be accounted and attended to if we are to not only survive but hopefully even thrive.

To be sure: we all have to know our personal boundries or we’ll keep punishing ourselves having gone too far past them. In this respect, like many of us, I’ve had to learn mine by having done just this. Gone too far - but this is how I/we/all learn in Earth School. Trial and error, over and over again until we learn to do it different. Wow, that flame is still hot! Better not do that again …

It had been this tendency to push too far that brought my Constitutionals into sharp focus for me. Perhaps like waking with a monster hangover, you need quick relief to feel better fast and just drinking water won’t do. In order to balance your head, you take a pill to do the trick. You may need a baseball size Advil to gnaw on but in time, you’ll get back straight. 

So is the same with my Constitutionals. They always bring me back into my relative harmonious balance point, once again.These jewels are the handful of activities I have to do on a daily or weekly basis that keep me personally balanced, centered and as healthy as possible. These self-care and basic energy awareness practices are my own responsibility - and mine alone. This is numero uno, folks. In order to survive my 20's and 30's, not to mention the years since, I first had to identify and then ongoingly maintain these simple practices to keep my sense of optimal flow alive within myself and my life. I have suffered when I've forgotten this essential truth.

Of course, no one ever explained this to us growing up. I must have missed the classes where they taught this in my public school, educated youth. This, along with all the other vitally important self-care and human awareness practices like basic communication skills – ie. consciously expressing emotions, conflict resolution and anger management 101and all other time tested tools that would have served me/us so well in my life.

Oh well. If we don’t get it from others, we have to get it for ourselves. And thus, my Constitutional were created to do just this. For instance, I found out early that I’m a very physically oriented guy. I have to move to be happy. Me dear ol’mum was fond of saying I never learned how to walk. I went from crawling to running. As a child, I was totally alive in my body and lived to play with my friends outside. I was a natural athlete and leader who was always caught up in some game or sports activity.

This being said and keeping with the theory that for me to be happy as an adult, I have to still do some of the things I Loved to do as a kid, I came to realize that being physically active has almost always recreated the feelings of happiness from childhood. Hey, it makes good sense to me having been consistently proven throughout my life. This practice readily and appropriately applies to all the other rooms in my mansion as well.

I’m not a workout fanatic having to do one yoga class or pool swim each and every day … however, I do need to stretch upon waking and before sleep and if nothing else, take a good walk to enliven my body and clean my field. If I don’t, my systems begin to clog and back up. Basic self-care tells me I really need to breathe deeply every day to keep my emotional body open and clear and releasing the energies I constantly transmute. If you don't learn from your mistakes, what's the point? Besides, you really can’t leave a Maserati long in the garage and expect it to run fast and smooth at the drop of a hat.

Just so. This also pertains, most importantly to my Spiritual consciousness as well. If I go a day or two without sitting to meditate and pray, my field just gets backed up. Period. If I don’t check into my emotions on a daily basis and tap into what they’re telling me, I get off track. If I don’t feed myself good nourishing food, let alone positive information into my system, I will get increasingly unwell. I'm just tuned this way and it's up to each of us to find what works best for us.

It’s pretty simple, isn’t it? To perform at an preferred level, I have to do the things that not just allow this but encourage this to happen. Again, I believe we all have to first identify what activities or practices serve each of our respective rooms or aspects and by golly, if we want to be sane, do them! 

It’s all about consciously moving energy – into and through our various systems – to be as fulfilled and happy as possible. In order to be absolutely vital, we needn’t run marathons on a weekly basis or meditate for hours or read great literature each and every day but we do have to feed ourselves that which nourishes all parts of ourselves. 


Unless we do, we will always be lacking and looking outside to fill what we don’t fill for ourselves inside. And this is no fun at all. In fact, it’s a great big pain in the ass for all concerned ... so much so, I was once recommended to immediately go have a long ‘personality detox’ - or maybe it was just to get me to leave ... anyway, our core balance point awareness has to be ours to consciously attend to and maintain if we are to be content and happy within ourselves. Or not.

Either way, through action or avoidance to be present to our own best interests, we live our lives bouncing from one relief stop over to the next, often appearing that we’re running just to not be still. The Awakened Sacred Masculine attends to their own self nurturance on every and all levels. This singular orientation allows him to be present in his life, stabilized and balanced, not sucking energy from others to get his core needs met.

And this is a very good thing. 
Can you imagine a world where most men could consistently do this?

... to be continued ...

PS I am offering my Heart Tantra session work here in the NY area for all those interested in experiencing and receiving world-class bodywork and Advanced Energy Healing. Please consult my web site heartantra.com and The Attunement Session for more info on my services.

PPS If you felt moved, inspired, touched, supported, annoyed, or anything else after reading this post, please let me know. I really do appreciate your comments and feedback. It’s easy and only takes a minute.  Click on 'comments' or 'no comments' below. Also, if you feel inspired to share this with another, please do so!

Thank You!


















No comments: